***WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD***
I am Number Four is about nine aliens who are placed on earth, scattered around the world. They’re being killed off one by one, but they can only be defeated in sequence. Number Four is next and he’s played by Alex Pettyfer (Beastly). Dianna Agron (Glee) plays his love interest and Teresa Palmer (The Sorcerer’s Apprentice) is a fellow alien, Number 6.
You can see the trailer and some of my thoughts after the break.
1. In the movie, a high school gang attacks Pettyfer because the leader is jealous that Agron is with Pettyfer now. I know there are bullies in schools, but that was a little over the top for me. (The part about aliens and their powers was fine though.)
2. The special effects were beyond awesome! I just wish they showed off the individual fight scenes more. For instance, in the cafeteria battle scene, the director DJ Caruso didn’t focus on Pettyfer’s or Palmer’s solo fight for very long. Instead, he used wide shots, which didn’t allow you to settle in on one fight and in turn, didn’t leave too much room for even more awe from the audience.
3. I felt a teeny tiny bit of emotion when Pettyfer’s guradian, Timothy Olyphant, died, but I think I could have been crying if they played up the scenes between them. Or maybe they could have cast actors with better chemistry though I am an Olyphant (Die Hard 4) fan.
4. Who else thought Palmer was way more likable than Agron?
5. It was a bit slow-paced in the beginning, but don’t get me wrong, it was a fun ride. As in, I wouldn’t mind seeing it again in theaters.