Two words that can mean nothing or everything.
In Chris Brown’s case — nothing.
That and fake.
In an attempt of sincerity, I’ve compiled a mixtape for Rihanna or anyone in a similar situation. The 27 songs below all have links to the MP3 download or album with lyrics or a video to go with them. Mostly pop songs, there’s also some rock, folk, alternative and R&B music, including items from Rihanna’s music idols.
The playlist is a blend of songs for both wallowing and moving on with anything and everything. I hope you enjoy it.
If not, I’m sorry.
1. Apologies-Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
2. Even Angels Fall-Jessica Riddle
3. Stupid Boy-Keith Urban
4. Blinsided-Bon Iver
5. World Spins Madly On-The Weepies
6. Breathe No More-Evanescence
7. Don’t Wanna Try-Frankie J
“You know I wish you wouldn’t lie to me / But some wishes don’t come true / Time to put the past behind me, say good-bye, start anew”
9. Gotta Get Over You-Aslyn
Skip to 1:33:
10. Built This Way-Samantha Ronson
11. Selfish-Asia Cruise
12. Can I Go Now-Jennifer Love Hewitt
13. Sober-Kelly Clarkson
14. Miss You Love-Silverchair
15. Breakdown-Mariah Carey featuring Krayzie Bone and Wish Bone
16. It’s Not Right but It’s Okay (Remix)-Whitney Houston
17. He Wasn’t Man Enough-Toni Braxton
18. Tears Dry on Their Own-Amy Winehouse
19. I Never Loved You Anyway-The Corrs
20. Missing You-John Waites and Allison Krauss
21. All Will Be Well-The Gabe Dixon Band
22. Sober-Jennifer Paige
23. Lie Low-Plumb
“You didn’t care about me / So I packed my bags /And left you to wonder/ What you could have done better”
24. I’m Not Missing You-Stacie Orrico
“I think I finally found my strength to finally get up and leave / No more broken heart for me … No more givin’ you everythin’ / There’s no more takin’ my love from me”
26. So Good-Destiny’s Child
27. Just Dance-Lady Gaga